But since you came here looking for a wardrobe overhaul, we have exactly what you need to ditch the old shorts you no longer wear and completely update your summer look.
Stock Up on Quality ShortsIt’s not enough to buy just any pair of shorts you come across. If you want to get the most bang for your buck, you’ll need a wardrobe that offers versatility. In other words, you should own a few different types of shorts that suit different occasions:
- Snappers: Short, distinctive, and comfortable. If you need to expose as much skin as possible to stay cool in the summer, pick up a pair of snappers. Or three.
- Stretch Twill Flat Front Shorts: Neat, stylish, casual. These are the 7” shorts you can wear to restaurants, family get-togethers, and night outings while still looking your summer best.
- Plaids and Prints: If you need a splash of color in your wardrobe, these shorts will deliver. They can be paired with T-shirts for a casual look or even button-down oxford cloth shirts to dress them up.
- Reversible Shorts: It’s hard to get more versatile than shorts that are literally a two-for-one deal.
The key here: don’t just look to add shorts to your wardrobe. Really think about the different categories of shorts available and which categories will support your lifestyle. In all likelihood, you’ll find that one or two categories tend to fit your style the best.
After all, there’s a reason that you aren’t wearing half of what’s already in your wardrobe.
Dump the Rest: Get Rid of Old Shorts in a Responsible Way
No wardrobe overhaul is complete until you ditch the old stuff. But before you go and toss your old shorts in a garbage bag, consider this: there are plenty of options for getting rid of old clothes responsibly:
- Donating to charity. Many local thrift shops and charities have drop off points where you can deliver old clothes. Wash and dry your old shorts and bring them to charity. It will reduce waste and help someone else save money.
- Give out hand-me-downs. Have a younger sibling who could use the shorts? An older nephew? A distant cousin? They’ll appreciate your donation.
- Sell them online. There’s not a lot of profit to be made in the selling-old-shorts industry, but if you can squeeze a few bucks out of your old wardrobe, at least it will be worth the effort not to toss them out.
In with the new, out with the old. It’s a simple recipe to overhaul your wardrobe. Get to it, and get stylish!