Trust me, we know: when it’s hot out, the last word you want to hear is “pants.” We’re the shorts people, after all.
But staying cool and comfortable this summer doesn’t always have to mean showing as much skin as possible. When it’s time to dress up, you’ll need the best summer pants available—and we just happen to have five of our Sunny Stretch Twill pants:
- Shale Green: This light shade of green is perfect for anyone who wants to keep “earth tones” for the summer. They work just as well in spring and autumn and even winter—but they’re comfortable enough (with 98% cotton and 2% spandex for stretchiness) to stay light and breezy during the summer.
- Charleston Brick: It may be one of the signature colors we offer, and for good reason: the salmony hues are light enough for spring and summer no matter what you’re doing or where you’re going, pairing well with t-shirts, polos, and even navy blazers. That’s the kind of versatility you’ll want to use all summer long.
- Khaki: Is there any beating khaki? This classic color may be the most versatile known to man—and because it’s not white, that means you can continue using it in autumn and winter, long after Labor Day.
- Citadel Blue: How difficult is it to find a summer color that’s better than Citadel Blue? Let’s just say we gave up on it a long time ago. The vintage wash gives it a nice texture that separates it from any other pale blue you can find on the market.
- Stone: This off-white color is perfect for reflecting maximum rays off of your legs and keeping you feeling light and breezy, which means it may be the perfect pair of beach pants—if there is such a thing.
Why Sunny Stretch Twill?
These pants all share one thing in common: sunny stretch twill. The unique combination of 98% cotton and 2% spandex might sound like a minor detail, but once you try on any of these pants, you’ll see the different this particular fabric blend can make.
When you’re outdoors a lot in summer, you need pants that won’t ride up and won’t constrain. That’s why sunny stretch twill provides thanks to its stretchy, flexible qualities—it’s essentially a sneaky way to enjoy spandex-like comfort while enjoying pants that help you look every bit the southern gentleman. And since they’re not too “dressy,” either, they allow you the most possible versatility for pairing these pants for occasions as casual as running errands up to attending those ever-popular summer weddings.
These pants are all great casual options thanks to their flat front construction, as well. Between that, the sunny stretch twill, and the different summer-appropriate colors you have to choose from, there’s no reason you can’t enjoy your summer trousers the same way you’d enjoy a good pair of shorts this summer. It all boils down to this: you have to wear pants, make sure you do it the right way.